Try this simple & delicious yet elevated Rack of Lamb recipe to WOW your guests and family! 1 rack will feed between 4-6 people. This rack weighed approximately 2lbs and has 8 ribs chops.
If you are cooking multiple racks just double the recipe.
Total Time Needed: 1 hour
- 1 ALE Sheep Co. Rack of Lamb
- 6 (or more) cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh Oregano
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh Rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns (you can also use ground)
- 2 tsp course sea salt (already ground works too)
- Unwrap your thawed ALE Sheep Co. Rack of Lamb and pat dry. Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Combine garlic, herbs, olive oil, salt, & pepper in a food processor or a mortar and pestle. (You could also just mince your garlic and mix ingredients with a spoon) Pulse, crush, or stir ingredients together until it can easily be rubbed on your rack of lamb.
- Rub your combined garlic mixture all over the rack and let sit at room temperature for a minimum of 10 min up to an hour. The longer it sits the more the meat will soak up the delicious flavors.
- Place your rack fat side up on a baking sheet or large cast iron and cook in the oven for 30 min on 375 F - then turn oven up to 450 F for about 10 more min. (Temperature for Medium Rare lamb is about 140F)
- When lamb has reached desired temperature, and is a bit crisp on the top, remove from oven and let rest for 10 min before carving.
- Carve between rib bones and ENJOY!
You will get better flavor using fresh herbs, but dried work perfectly fine. I prefer to use whole peppercorn and course salt because it has a stronger flavor, but ground will work perfectly fine.